rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flight vs Fight

Flight vs Fight

Quote: (03-10-2015 12:03 AM)Sharkie Wrote:  

I checked your other thread as well, two things that stand out -

1- You're over analyzing and living in your head too much. I mean, there's really no need to develop extensive theories and analogies on whether approaching a certain girl is probably a good idea. It just alludes to the fact that you're living in your head too much to actually ACT on it. Delaying the act of going out to the girl and chatting her up gives one the comfort of delaying the actual approach, and you get comfortable in the safety of the shell of mental masturbation and not really dealing with the approach anxiety, so when a girl actually comes up to you and forces you to deal with the social anxiety your fear and oversensitivity kicks back in again.

P in V. All that counts. That should be all that matters to you at this stage, you'll get better judgement with experience.

2- As a consequence of the above and your own sensitivity to rejection, your body shakes.
The easiest way to desensitize yourself to this oversensitivity is to get rejected a bunch of times.
Go out. Force yourself to approach enough girls, and eventually you will not be as sensitive.

A similar analogy is people with stage fright --- quivering voice, sweaty forehead, shaking limbs.... Its a natural physical reaction to the oversensitivity. But when such people force themselves to go on stage a bunch of times, they get over it (sometimes not completely but enough to function normally).

To borrow a quote off a guy I look up to, "What you're looking for is knowledge to understand, what you really need are the balls to execute."

EDIT -- yeah what BB said.

I definitely felt more friendly, approaching, and comfortable after I number closed this girl. I should've done more approaches instead of just this one.

Messages In This Thread