rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Cricket Thread

The Cricket Thread

Maybe I'm a grumpy old sod, but I'm finding this world cup a tad boring to be honest. Not only for the excessive length of the group stage, but the fielding restriction changes have just swayed it even further in the batsmen's favour. I realise my opinion as a fan of traditional cricket won't resonate with a casual fan, but it's also a bit bland seeing 400+ scores being posted regularly now. There's a lack of tension and balance to the game when bowlers are getting destroyed like rag dolls.

My favourite games have been some of the lower scoring ones (UAE v Ireland, obviously Aus v NZ, and Afghanistan v Scotland is my favourite match of the tournament so far).

One positive is seeing some of these association members performing creditably - Ireland obviously, Scotland and Afghanistan haven't been half bad. Actually, Afghanistan aren't a bad side if they can get some more top-level experience. Even though the Aussies crushed them the other day, they have some decent fast bowlers. It's a pity they were drawn against the home team at Perth, which has the most alien conditions for an Asian team.

Messages In This Thread