rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do if you were the father of this kid? (Bullying)

What would you do if you were the father of this kid? (Bullying)

Quote: (03-04-2015 08:11 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

I defied my parents about religion when I was 8. My dad used to take me to the temple weekly, around the time I was 8 I said I don't want to go any more - he said "fine, you don't have to go". I never went after that. About 15 years later he said to me, There's one thing I can say to you - I never forced religion on to you".

WalterBlack, forgive me for the tecnicalities Hat/Turban/Patka whatever.

Going to temple can't be compared to wearing Patka. The latter has a direct and concrete effect on how you present yourself to the society and how the society perceives you. Going to temple can't be subject to bullying and public humiliation. You're lucky your parents didn't make you wear a patka.

Now you look me in the eye and tell me this kid is choosing to wear this and, if he wanted, he could defy his parents and not wear it anymore and not face serious consequences for that. Can you say this?

Messages In This Thread