rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do if you were the father of this kid? (Bullying)

What would you do if you were the father of this kid? (Bullying)

Quote: (03-04-2015 07:41 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

If you publicly display your religion and preach about it, you make your beliefs people's business and give them the chance to judge you by them, which they judge and find them ridiculous, therefore they ridicule you. To simply stop this process, you can stop wearing this UNIFORM that publicly displays your religion.

This kid is not preaching. In fact, I’ve never seen a Sikh preaching outside of a religious gathering in my life. I’ve seen plenty of Christians standing on street corners inviting people to Jesus. It's not a uniform, there's nothing stopping him having hair out in the open, but it's impractical so he fastens it under a patka.

What did the kid do to deserve shit from anybody?

Wearing religious clothes in day-to-day life is like wearing a t-shirt that says something very controversial (like ''I'm a feminist'' or ''I hate gays'' or ''Fuck Vegans'') and then demanding that people treat you neutral when you encounter people who don't share your beliefs.

People don’t normally wear religious garb to provoke other people, they normally wear it as a sign of modesty and/or faith.

Since you brought up the first amendment, I'd say you are missing the bigger picture here. This kid is not at the age to independently make the choice to wear something that shows everyone his parents' religion. He was most probably brainwashed by his parents to believe that wearing it is the right thing to do. In result, he will walk around with a religious hat all his life, fearing that taking it off is a sin or something. This will affect all his social life, business dating and overall happiness. By allowing kids to wear these things, you are taking away their freedom to choose what they want to believe and letting their parents choose for them instead. The same thing goes for burqa. Burqa, hat and all the other religious clothes and accessories are NOT a freedom, they are compulsory. When it's legal and socially acceptable to wear them, children don't have the right NOT to wear them. Thus in effect you are sentencing children to wear these things due to their parental pressure. Since a 8 year old kid can't defy his parents about something as serious as religion and the meaning of mortal life, the first amendment that was supposed to protect his freedom indirectly takes away the freedom of any child who has religious parents who wear religious clothes. Consequently, if your parents tell you to wear a stupid hat, you have to wear and thankfully your right to wear a Hindu hat as a 10 year old child is protected by the first amendment. Yeeayy...

The kid is not Hindu, he’s a Sikh. What’s a Hindu hat? I’m from a Hindu background and I’ve never heard of such a thing. Indian ≠ Hindu.

He wouldn’t wear a patka his whole life, since he would wear almost certainly wear a turban when he got older. He may even end up cutting his hair. As I mentioned in my first post, I knew guys who worse a similar head coverings and who cut their hear because of the amount of shit that they were getting. They were getting shit from other Indian kids, who felt it looked funny!

I defied my parents about religion when I was 8. My dad used to take me to the temple weekly, around the time I was 8 I said I don't want to go any more - he said "fine, you don't have to go". I never went after that. About 15 years later he said to me, There's one thing I can say to you - I never forced religion on to you".

Messages In This Thread