rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Living in Manila...

Living in Manila...

Quote: (03-04-2015 02:06 AM)Malo Wrote:  

^ If you mean visa it's not acr. anyway good question about which bank is lenient about it. I've searched other forums which mention BPI, but nope..

I don't mean visa, I mean ACR. I got one the second time I renewed my visa.

I've tried Metrobank, BPI, BDO and Chinabank in Makati and BPI in Malate and they all turned me down, telling me I needed another document (which's name I can't remember) that supposedly you get after staying for one year.

From reading online the general consensus seems to be that you just need an ACR card though (and it's not a legal requirement to have even that). I'm just curious to find out where that is actually possible because right now, I'm paying 200 pesos each time I withdraw cash to the Philippine bank who's ATM I use, plus £1 to my British bank, plus whatever the profit made on the exchange rate is.

One tip I'd give to people using foreign cards is to withdraw from BPI ATMs. I've managed to get 20k pesos from them in a few different locations whereas all the other banks seem to have a 10k maximum withdrawal. This doesn't seem to apply to the standalone ATMs in malls (they have a 10k limit too), only the ones at the actual bank branches.

Messages In This Thread