rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Cricket Thread

The Cricket Thread

When they fire, the SL batting line-up can still match any other with the likes of Sangakarra, Jayawardhane, Dilshan, and the young Thiramanne. + Matthews giving runs down the order

But the problem is that it is too dependent on a few guys, especially Sanga and Mahela. Dilshan is not the Dilshan of old.

Malinga is obviously not the same since his surgery. He has gained a bit of chub and is not as deadly. Maybe he will be better as the tournament progresses. Herath is their best bowler especially because a lot of these "top" teams can't play spin, even in Australia, and hopefully he is good to go for the next match despite that hit he took to his finger in the last one.

If SL want to win, especially against Australia [that's their next match I think] they have to chase. Their bowlers can not defend I think against that lineup. They will also win the chase by controlling the middle overs and winning the game with classy orthodox cricket, not by slogs or furious starts. the Aus-SL game will be interesting to see.

England have all sorts of problems, and I am not at all sad about that. I do not like the England team for the most part. Morgan should not be coming in to bat so early. You know who could control the middle overs AND also explode at the end? KP. Too bad about that.

Despite my hate for their team, Anderson, Broad, and Finn ARE good bowlers. I still think Finn could be [maybe could have been?] a great bowler. The problem is who else are they going to go to? If I were their management I would change it up a bit and take a gamble, and include James Treadwell in their next match. Keep Moeen Ali if you like him so much, and set up a spin trap with both of them in the middle overs. Remove Broad for 1 game. But I will be surprised if they do this and this is why they won't be winning the World Cup anytime soon.

You don't get there till you get there

Messages In This Thread