rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Debate on Single-Sex Education

Debate on Single-Sex Education

Quote: (09-23-2011 02:47 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Quote: (09-23-2011 01:47 PM)Baldwin81 Wrote:  

I went to an all boys private school for high school. For an average kid, going to one of these schools sans any concept of game creates an interesting (read: fucked up) trade-off.

Assume that kid wants to learn and enjoys classes that interest him. There is no better place to learn (aged 14-18) than at a single sex high school. I was always interested in literature, language and history. I had some great teachers, a sturdy workload and - as a result of my secondary education - a good base in each of these subjects. Books-wise, the education one receives at a single sex high school is top-notch.

Unfortunately (thanks in part to the "education professionals" quoted in the article) single sex education is outdated. I won't bore you with too many details but I went to a small K-8 school (35 people in my graduating class), there weren't many girls schools near my high school, I couldn't drive....

FUCK! Being fourteen or 15 with no women nearby is not cool. Education is partially about books but, at that age, a lack of daily exposure to the opposite sex can really set an otherwise well-adjusted kid back.

Granted, there are some "naturals" that did well with the girls based on status (lacrosse was a big deal, for instance), but the vast majority of men developed that pedestalized conservative ideal about women. They wound up dating and marrying their first or second serious girlfriend. I went to a lot of classmate weddings before age 25.

I think there was a time when single sex education was the ideal. Before women were a staple on college campuses, in the workplace, and before they made false rape allegations. Unless your kid is one of these naturals, or is exposed to girls on a daily basis outside of school, single sex education in our decaying culture is not a good idea.

Last thing, I took what those Jesuits said to heart and have always tried to think for myself. Without that intellectual curiousity that they helped foster I'd have never found out about game. Needless to say, as my married school friends now turn into my overweight divorced school friends, I am very thankful for game.

Exactly, single sex education would be a nightmare for any teenage guy and would leave him with undeveloped social skills. Only the few alpha males who mack on girls from other schools would do well while other guys would become hardcore betas who would pedastalize a fat girl who talks to him.

This is the biggest drawback. Guys who could have had passable social skills if they'd talked to girls regularly are held back. Sometimes they never really catch up.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Messages In This Thread