rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sihanoukville (Cambodia) Datasheet

Sihanoukville (Cambodia) Datasheet

Good data sheet for someone passing through.

Just to throw some tips in from someone who spent a bit more time there (over a year and a half in Cambo and a couple months in Snooky), some of that is a bit off. No worries as that's expected when you're passing through.

There are actually some decent gyms in town for a long-termer who wants to get good workouts.

I also disagree about Cambodia food (or Sihanoukville food) being shitty. That reputation exists, but it just takes a bit more time to seek out the good food - it's nowhere near as accessible as Thailand, and Thailand is a hard comparison to begin with.

Ask any guy who has joined me for grub in Cambo, though, and I think they'll assure you I showed them some tasty vittles. Or if anyone is coming through Siem Reap, feel free to shoot me a message for the challenge and I assure you that if you''re at least somewhat adventurous we will eat well.

The nicer places especially can give Thailand a run for their money, but I also eat in the street shacks on a daily basis and there are plenty of dishes I enjoy. If you wanted to live in Snooky, you would of course know where these good spots were and would not be lacking in delicious food.

There's also a lot of great foreign cuisines from around the world in Cambodia because it's so easy for foreigners to open a biz here.

Regarding the town, the place was crawling with backpackers both times I went, but there are plenty of off-the-track spots deeper in town. The islands, while touristy, are also a must-visit, and there's a lot of great motorbike rides to be had in the surrounding countryside.

Those beach girls are indeed dirty dirts - if you're looking for something better, there are a few local clubs deeper in the town. I wouldn't advocate it as a player's paradise unless you're into the tourist women rolling through or are drunk and just trying to have a good time and don't care what types of women you're sleeping with - no judge as I've certainly done my share of that.

I've also heard the beach can be dangerous late at night and every long-term expat I met told me to stay away and said getting knocked over the head and robbed in the wee hours of the morning was not uncommon. That said, my first time I went for a couple weeks and was down there trashed every night and had no issues.

Some tasty beach grub for ya (don't know the girl - we just shared a table with her). 10 for $5 and right on the touristy beachfront.

[Image: attachment.jpg24847]   

I think I better do a blog writeup on Cambodian food because I've been taking photos for a couple months just for the purpose of defeating that common misunderstanding about the food.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread