rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Christian" pastor Rob Bell tells Oprah the church will soon go gay

"Christian" pastor Rob Bell tells Oprah the church will soon go gay

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:03 PM)Krusyos Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2015 11:54 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I lived in Grand Rapids a total of 4 years and never once set foot inside of Rob Bell's church, despite attending some service once a week the entire time I lived there.

Oddly, while I love big cities, I don't care much for big churches. Bell's is big...very big.

To some degree, I respect his beliefs. He's shaped his belief around how the New Testament describes God, not based on the questionable contents of the Old Testament or suspect church traditional.

That being said, I'm sure if I bothered to look closer, I'm confident I'd find some gapping holes in his belief system.

The New Testament establishes a church tradition.

1 Corinthians 11:2:
Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain
the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:15:
So then, brothers, stand firm, and cling to the traditions that you
were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.

2 Thessalonians 3:6:
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that
you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in
accord with the tradition that you received from us.

Yes, there has been church tradition that originates from the Bible.

Then there is the church tradition that is "suspect." You could even say that it is "suspect church tradition." It is suspect in that it is "suspicious" or in that it could be "suspected."

Unlike church tradition that finds its source in the Bible, the suspect church tradition is suspected or suspicious, because it originated from no where.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread