rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being raised by an attractive mother

Being raised by an attractive mother

Quote: (02-16-2015 02:14 AM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

My mom was good looking... now shes 52, on her 3rd husband and miserable. She takes anti-depressants and is a little crazy.

If it's not too painful could you tell us a story of what you consider crazy? It can mean a wide, wide variety of things-- mood swings, unrealistic or odd beliefs, substance addiction...

----
My late mother was wholesomely good looking but not stunning-- natural golden blond hair, blue eyes but not statuesque.

Perhaps as a result, I think she was pretty reasonable in how she dealt with my father-- never attention whored or was tasteless.

I remember once I was discussing marriage with my parents and I was telling them how I didn't think I could get someone attractive enough to keep my attention.

She argued for reasonableness, conveying something like "When you get to know someone and they smile, it can _make_ them look good." She was talking about the traditional concept of growing to love someone.

This idea of being flexible is coming in handy as I get older and the 9s of the world no longer see me as a status bump in their lives.

Messages In This Thread