rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Grand Theft Auto Appreciation Thread

The Grand Theft Auto Appreciation Thread

I played these games since I was a kid and they were 2D and top down, and GTA V is one of the only titles in the last few years I could be bothered to boot up my xbox to play through.

San Andreas was my favourite for a long time but it's not aged well at all. The soundtrack is still probably my favourite though. GTA IV is a great game in a lot of ways but the missions are too repetitive, the shooting is whack (clumsy third person mechanics and it seems like every mission requires you to go inside cramped buildings; nightmare), and Liberty City is just a dull place to be when you get right down to it. That said when I was a younger man me and my buddies sunk a lot of hours into messing around online on that game.

I know it's now old hat to heap praises on GTA V but, damn, that game is just so well executed, polished, and straight up fun to play. The sheer quality of presentation throughout is amazing, bar maybe nearer the end when it just turns into a huge shootout where they overload you with enemies.
Not to forget that since turning 3D GTA has been about one thing thematically; a satire of the American Dream. And even though it can be on the nose sometimes, you can't go five minutes in V without seeing a scathing indictment of millenial Americans.

(I was actually fooling around on it yesterday and immediately got into a side mission where you foot race a fitness obsessed, aggressive, late thirties single woman who screams about how she's going to emasculate you while you're racing her)

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Messages In This Thread