rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wilkes McDermid, food blogger suicide

Wilkes McDermid, food blogger suicide

Quote: (02-10-2015 04:30 PM)Lika Wrote:  

Wilkes McDermid, a London mini-celebrity food blogger jumped off a building after writing a final blog post:

Whoa. This guy made his money just form Blogging!?! Dude pretty much had a location independent income flow, and he just offs himself?! wow dude, wow. this guy could have done LOTS of awesome stuff with the blog, he could have gone to Russia, China, SEA, Aus, etc etc, and made tons of money blogging the food scenes there. . .

He could have made himself B I G. dude could have learned game in his spare time. . .

ok. I'm going to become a blogger, Fuck this noise, can't believe this dude threw all of that away like that Fuck!

Quote: (02-10-2015 05:45 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

In before the litany of attention-whoring bitches steps up to say they "would have dated him a second!"

Quote: (02-10-2015 04:55 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

If he would have spent half as much energy on game as he did food blogging, he could have at least had a mini-harem of 6s. Enough to satisfy his yearnings for female contact.

But of course, game is pua and pua is creepy and creepy makes girls uncomfortable and girls being uncomfortable is illegal. I believe the stigma against game is strong enough to keep men away from the tools that would drastically improve their lives and happiness.

While I'm the first to say that game and the manosphere are unfairly demonized--and that poor guys like this blogger are the collateral damage of that characterization--we're also partly to blame. Guys like us are the inheritors of the practical, non-commercial, regular-guy self-improvement (game) mantle--the best, and maybe only, alternative to salesy Youtubers with actresses in their "real daygame" videos and expensive coaching packages for sale. Yet we've lost sight of the important things.

Instead of spending so much time and energy talking about the apocalyptic "fall of civilization," the life-and-death struggle with "Social Justice Warriors," how "Muslim infiltration" is destroying "Western Civilization," and that restaurants being allowed to deny black people service is the height of the "free market working as it should," we should be focusing on reaching guys like this. Rather, I find us (rather foolhardily) trying to make some kind of wholesale ideological change from the comfort of our laptops.

I, for one, think we're losing focus. This is a good reminder of that.

You're on to something, I've been feeling like this for years really. Maybe I'll start a blog on just how to be a man or something. Things are starting to come together lifestyle wise so I may have more time in the next couple months or so to do this.

Personally, I think the forum would do better without the "Everything Else" section or at least restrict thread creating rights in that section to like 10-15 veterans or something with high rep points, and at least a year of being on the forum. With a cleaning out of all the negative unfocused trash posts/threads there. I think that section attracts too many trolls, sjw shills, government shills, and angry guys that don't get out of the "Anger" stage of learning about how the world really is.

What could happen to that section is that Roosh or Tuth can make a sticky succintly laying out all the necessary Truths about feminism, game that we know of and just lock the thread, have it part of the necessary "read this" section of the forum along with the rules. Guys can just read that, accept what's going on and then be directed either to Bang or the game/lifestyle/health parts of the forum.

Hell, there's SO much information on these forums and on ROK that it can really turn this forum into something amazing, and refocus ourselves immensely. If I got paid for that I'd take that on myself heh.

Isaiah 4:1

Messages In This Thread