rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The most nutritious cooking method

The most nutritious cooking method

Quote: (02-08-2015 07:59 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

For tonight I'm cooking 5-spice rubbed pork chops with charred broccolini and shitake mushrooms, black rice, and a ginger carrot puree. I'm making the carrot puree by microwaving the carrots with ginger and butter just until tender and then mashing through a food mill. By pureeing the carrots, cooking them in a microwave, and cooking them with fat, I'm getting the greatest nutritional payload from the carotenoids than any other method, even eating them raw, not to mention a very tasty side dish for my dinner tonight.

Forget the bad rap that microwaves have gotten and experiment for yourself. Best used for vegetables that you want to fully cook, especially foods that you intend to puree.

First, that sounds amazing. I am going to try the ginger carrot puree this evening. How long do you typically microwave the carrots for?
Do you broil the broccolini and mushrooms to get the char?

Second, what is your favorite way to cook broccoli? Steaming it gets kind of old and I don't own a wok so I can't really stir fry it.

Messages In This Thread