rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Setting Up Your Telecom for Overseas

Setting Up Your Telecom for Overseas

A little thread here for guys planning to head overseas for a while - perhaps those practiced in doing this and staying "connected" to business opportunities can drop some best practice tidbits about how they made the move seamlessly as possible. My brother is headed to Greece for a month with his family, he asked me how I dealt with the issue in China, and it gave me the idea to start this thread.

Here's one for starters, mostly for US temporary expats who don't want to give up their home country phone number even though they are overseas for a while (I kept mine as I was on a family plan and didn't want to drop it) .

Go on skype and get a skype number. If you're in the USA you can get a US area code and number. If you're departing elsewhere, you can check if skype or a similar service will work - but for USA, Skype was a very seamless low cost answer.

Buy the skype number. Then when you're headed overseas, turn on the free call forwarding from your cel phone plan (verizon at least has free call forwarding), to forward to your new skype number. Make sure Skype is installed and you've logged into it on your mobile.

Then for as long as call forwarding is enabled, your cel phone skype app should ring when someone calls your US number, and they'll also be able to leave a message for you on your skype number. If you set it up the right way, it can actually be indistinguishable from your US number so that people don't even need to know you're overseas. Test it out a few times before you turn on call forwarding for your trip and make sure you're happy with your outgoing message and it conveys the perception you want to convey.

When you're overseas, get a date plan with your local phone cel service. Swap out the local sim with your home country sim, and enjoy the rate arbitrage available in most countries (if you're a US user). Make sure your data is enabled and switch your home country phone plan to the lowest possible usage, minimum bill. You can consider turning off your home country data service entirely, depending on how frequently you'll repatriate temporarily, or you can even switch plans/companies at home to minimize those costs if you're sure you'll not need anything beyond the home country number.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread