rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

It's spreading - Yes means Yes comes to the UK

It's spreading - Yes means Yes comes to the UK

Toxic ideology spreading. And I fear what the results may yield.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/l...rules.html

Quote:Quote:

Men accused of date rape will need to convince police that a woman consented to sex as part of a major change in the way sex offences are investigated.

The Director of Public Prosecutions said it was time for the legal system to move beyond the concept of “no means no” to recognise situations where women may have been unable to give consent.

Alison Saunders said rape victims should no longer be “blamed” by society if they are too drunk to consent to sex, or if they simply freeze and say nothing because they are terrified of their attacker.

Instead, police and prosecutors must now put a greater onus on rape suspects to demonstrate how the complainant had consented “with full capacity and freedom to do so”.

Campaigners described the move as “a huge step forward” in ensuring fewer rapists escape justice.

New guidance will be issued to all police forces and prosecutors as part of a “toolkit” to move rape investigations into the 21st century.
Mrs Saunders said: “For too long society has blamed rape victims for confusing the issue of consent - by drinking or dressing provocatively for example - but it is not they who are confused, it is society itself and we must challenge that.

[Image: attachment.jpg24343]   

After reading the cautionary tale of how the madness spread to New York, I thought that common sense would prevail and that here in the UK, at least, the burden would be shared equally between both parties.
Wishful thinking.

I fret for the men without the information shared here in the manosphere about how to protect themselves from false rape accusations.

And the worst part is that the only concrete way to do so would be with recorded sound or photographic evidence, which would result in continued prosecution for unlawful recording of an individual even in circumstances where it becomes both warranted and necessary to ensure the deliverance of justice so that a man's freedom be protected.

Whether or not these measures become enshrined in law is yet to be seen, but considering the current Government's appeasement policy towards women (read: vote winner) and the current infatuation here in Parliament with female representation et cetera it seems that it has the potential to be come reality.

And in the unlikely event that reason would prevail, it still would be unable to prevent such measures being enacted in the so-called 'Second Set of Books' i.e. the Policies, Procedures and Protocols of the authorities.

My initial reaction when I read the paper this morning pretty much sums up my entire response to this news:
[Image: attachment.jpg24347]   

Messages In This Thread