rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

AMIA Special Prosecutor Alberto Nisman found dead in his Puerto Madero home

AMIA Special Prosecutor Alberto Nisman found dead in his Puerto Madero home

Nothing has yet become clear, but there are some updates in the case. Most news on the case is in Spanish of course, so that's what I've been reading. I'll try to summarize the events as concisely as possible.

English language article

El Pais, more information

Clarin article, locksmith testifies, states that service door was not locked

La Nacion, gunpowder analysis

First, no traces of gunpowder were found on Nisman's hands, as one would expect from a suicide. This could be because the firearm used was a Bersa .22 caliber which does not always leave such traces. Experts are testing the gun.

In addition, a third entrance to Nisman's apartment has been 'discovered'. First, there is the main entrance, which can only be opened by alphanumeric keypad code and was not opened on Sunday night. Next we have the service entrance, which the locksmith used to enter when Nisman's mother called him up on Sunday at approximately 22:00. Finally, there is a third passageway which goes between Nisman's apartment and another, property of a foreign citizen, where the air conditioning units are located.

There are two potential leads here:

First, unidentified foot and fingerprints have been found in the passageway outside the third entrance. These may belong to a serviceman; they are being analyzed.

Second, the locksmith has testified before the court, and spoke to the media after his testimony. He stated that the service door was not locked, but that the key was simply in the door, unlocked. He spent more time putting away his tools and was there for less than ten minutes, never entering the apartment. This type of lock is not common in America, where a door is either locked or unlocked, so I'll explain. With this type of lock, you can't open the door from the outside without a key (or lockpicking tools) even if the door has not been 'locked' from the inside or outside. You'll just have to turn the key more times if it's been locked. If the key is in the door from the inside, a key inserted from the outside won't function, and you'll need lockpicking tools to move the key out of the way. Thus the door could have been closed by anyone leaving the apartment.

La Nacion, photos of passageway

These are all recent developments that have not yet come to any resolution, but I don't see how this could be anything less than an assassination.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Messages In This Thread