rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best countries in Europe for an Asian-American male to study abroad in and meet girls

Best countries in Europe for an Asian-American male to study abroad in and meet girls

Quote: (01-18-2015 08:01 AM)monsquid Wrote:  

We visited Barcelona, Valencia, Ibiza, Madrid, Seville, and various other small towns. We hung out with hostel travelers and local yokels. Had a lot of fun but I also experienced straight up racism and discrimination. The "ching chong" thing was always prevalent, especially in the south as a previous poster mentioned and didn't really bother me. What happened at a club in Madrid took me for a shock.

Out of curiosity, when did you visit Spain? I've only been in Madrid/Barcelona. Madrid in Winter 2010 and the two city pairing Winter 2012. Very short stays. Got a lot of good reception from locals in Madrid, flirty looks, and great convos. There were even a few times where girls would come up to me and say "our friend likes you" but those friends were too shy to follow up based on limited English. Didn't score but got a makeout that 2nd trip.

At least in Madrid, winter fashion sense & Spanish are going to be key. It's probably the one time I would visit via cold weather seasons because pickpockets will have a harder time accessing inside pockets haha.

That was the worst experience, mostly I experienced staring, gawking, and people making fun of us. At a bull fight in Madrid bunch of older men called my Filipino friend a monkey and wanted to buy him alcohol. It was very childish ignorant harassment but it still hurt.

Sorry you had to deal with that. But if others resort to those low actions, it's more of a personal reflection on how idiotic they are opposed to you guys. Shouldn't take that so personally.

In clubs I actually had a lot of Spanish girls talking to me and taking pictures with me etc... but I felt more like a clown than someone they were romantically interested in.

Then again..why take this so personally? My feelings wouldn't be hurt. What are you expecting these girls to embrace you as a soul mate upon meeting you for the first time? Gotta stop being fragile.

Can't turn back time...but you gotta use these situations to escalate & create a more sexual vibe in the future. Use the humor and exotic vibe to your advantage.

I also had an asian friend studying in Barcelona while living with his fiancee of same culture. He said that when took dance class lessons with his girl when it came time to swap partners in class all the Spanish women refused to dance with him. But the Spanish men apparently had no problem dancing with his fiancee. lol. But yeah he did not like living in Barcelona.

During my limited stay in Barcelona, that's one place where East Asians seemed to be treated like Gypsies. Don't want to be that guy who plays the race card..but that's how I felt. Then again, all of Catalan pretty much hates tourists or other Spaniards not speaking their fictitious tongue. Overrated...overpriced..ok Gaudi built a lot of shit in Barca...but that's really all the city has.

These trips were amazing but I just wanted to contextualize their culture and what it was like for me. I did not get a single notch in my Spain or South America trips. Ironically month after I came back to the US from my Spain trip and I went to NYC by myself when unexpected 3 day weekend came up. Stayed at a hostel and ended up sleeping with a Spanish girl working at the hostel. Just goes to show you.

One of the main themes of RVF is you can get turned down first impression wise...but you're also not "rejected" unless someone has known you for 1-2 years. So if you get turned down first impression wise...don't take it so personally. Case in point with that Spanish notch in NYC.

"Who" you travel with is also going to change the perception of how girls view you as well. One of my best friends traveled to his hometown of Belo Horizonte as I got him hooked up with some gals down there. He however traveled with two of his HS friends that just fucked everything up for him. How you dress & carry yourself is going to be a major key as well.

Messages In This Thread