rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hate in Russia

Hate in Russia

Quote: (09-13-2011 03:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

While true, something about Russia's brand of danger seems particularly heinous. The reporter said after that Azerbaijan man stabbed to death that such attacks illicit sympathy amongst most the people. That blew me away. While you may be mugged for your money in Brazil or Colombia, the population at large doesn't side with the mugger.

Generally people from Azerbaijan have reputation of being involved in a drug trade. Not all of them are, of course, but some indeed are. Consider that the police does nothing to fight the drug crimes as drug dealers pay protection money, and you'll see why the population may feel sympathetic to those cases.

At the same time I remember Oscar Grant incident last year, when a black guy was shot to death (apparently by mistake) by the police officer here in Oakland. Even through the dude was ex-con, was being detained, and it was even admitted by the police officer himself that his death was a result of a bad mistake - still - surprisingly to me - quite a lot of people here in US sided up with the police.

Each country has its own problems, which look bizarre at the surface.

Messages In This Thread