rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh Interviewed By A Feminist

Roosh Interviewed By A Feminist

Quote: (01-14-2015 06:03 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Homosexuality is quite obviously not 100% genetic or 100% environmental. Most complex traits have to do with genes and environment, of course.

His point, that it is nonsense for SJWs to say that homosexuality is 100% genetic but gender is 100% environmental, is of course a good one. He also suggested that both homosexuality and gender could be about 50-50, which is closer to the truth.

This study, for instance, found that of identical twins where at least 1 was gay, the other was gay in about 50% of cases. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1845227

They also found that simple siblings had about a 10% chance of being gay if one sibling was.

So there is some genetic component but obviously that is not the entire story.

When they did "gender reassignment surgery" in the 1970s and turned boys with botched circumcisions into so-called girls, those boys did not magically become attracted to boys. In other words, you can't turn someone gay by surgery -- even if you make them into a girl and tell them they have to date boys.

That leads me to my next point: male and female sexuality are two different kettles of fish (heh). Brains scans show gay men turned on by gay stuff and straight men turned on by women. But...women are turned on by a variety of stimuli. Their sexuality is more complex.

So when we talk about "influence" and the media, I think that goes more for women. Most guys tend to be pretty binary in their sexuality -- gay or straight. I really don't think you can turn most straight men truly gay or vice versa -- by truly I mean 100 percent gay, not "prison gay." I knew I liked women from a very early age. Hell, I still have vivid memories of the hot, busty elementary school gym teacher we had, Miss Goldstein. Our joke was that she got black eyes doing jumping jacks. Hahaha.

Finally, regarding there being more gay men now: I don't think that's the case. Back when I was in college I knew lots of them -- but they were closeted and sure as hell didn't "come out" in public. They're just more visible now, and that's the media's influence.

Messages In This Thread