rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quit Corp Job in the West and MOVE to Thailand

Quit Corp Job in the West and MOVE to Thailand

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:39 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:33 PM)Chaos Wrote:  

Disagree.

Maybe you are born and grown up in a decent city with pleasant weather that provides you with the most things you want in life.

Come and try to live in the place where I grew up and I will ask you in a few months how happy you are,

Changing location can be a total gamechanger.

Nah, if you're a miserable person, a location change won't stop you from being a miserable person. The excitement of a new place can bring in a false sense of happiness but after some time you will see all the bad and be that miserable person you were before you left.

I think this mantra is somewhat cliched and only half true. There are indeed miserable people who would be miserable wherever they were. For these guys there is probably little hope because they are broken inside and do not possess the drive or desire to fix themselves. By their very nature I wouldn't expect many of these people to be on this forum.

Then there are those who are miserable because they are suffering from a shitty environment, which may include their shitty office job, unattractive women, cold weather, family problems and so on.

While I believe that positive thinking and meditation can help this second category, that is just dealing with the symptoms rather than the cause. All the positive thinking in the world won't make a shitty job into a good one or an obese girl into a hot bimbo.

Thus for some the answer may indeed be to move location and change their entire way of life. Moving country is high risk high return, but you only have to look examples of men on this for the success stories. My decision to go to Japan as a teenager led me to dating more attractive girls than I'd ever even met in my hometown which I should add, GREATLY increased my innate happiness. The career stuff also worked itself out with time. I am now looking to make the next step.

You only get one life and you may as well take the big risks while you are still relatively young. I say to the OP to go for it but don't look at it as a vacation. If you truly want to escape then you need to work out a new way to live and to make money. Good luck!

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Messages In This Thread