rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recommend me a 'human body' book

Recommend me a 'human body' book

Quote: (01-11-2015 02:58 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

^^That one may not be as up to date as I would like [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (01-10-2015 12:43 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

If you want to learn about the endocrine system you're going to have to learn some molecular level cell bio to fully understand whats going on.

what exactly are you trying to learn about the body? like you said it's very complex, but really is based around a limited number of concepts

I want to understand the body up to and including the level of 'how organs signal each other', 'which organs are signalling who and to do what' etc. So inclusive of how each of the organs work. Understanding protein structure, production, and binding etc will be too much detail.

do you have a background in basic science courses like chem, phys, and bio?

physiology is kind of hard to understand even on the systemic level without prerequisite knowledge in those subjects (ex: understanding pressure gradients via the circulatory/respiratory system, chemical/osmotic equilibrium for the renal system, knowing how and why the body uses ATP...).

some would even argue that you should study biochemistry and organic before even attempting to understand physiology.

Messages In This Thread