rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Decided I want to look like a grown man/adult

Decided I want to look like a grown man/adult

Quote: (12-06-2014 02:29 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

(...)
-If I'm wearing a blazer, I always tuck my shirt in. Again, I believe people will look back on the "untucked shirt with blazer" look and roll their eyes (I'm guilty of doing this in the past as well)
(...)

Same on both counts. There's a tendency (among the t-shirt wearing masses) to see it as a "relaxed" look, pairing naturally with a loose tie worn on an unbuttoned collar. This attitude extends to suits, too.

But I have come to see this as an AFC perspective: the perspective of children forced into suits for weddings, uniforms for school, corporate drones forced into "business" suits. They're trying to reassure people that even though they feel forced into toeing the line, they don't take their slavery too seriously. Which is an incredibly lame message.

I'm OK with an open collar (= going tieless,) but if you're going to wear a tie, wear it without reluctance or awkwardness. I do not dig the "truant schoolboy" look.

Gentlemen, which do you prefer?
The shameless peacock, or Mr. "But I Don't Take Myself Too Seriously"?
1950s edition.
[Image: 2u4ow8x.jpg]

Messages In This Thread