rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Same experience for me, I returned to my home city for xmas and almost can't be bothered seeing my old buddies again cos its so depressing. Plus one old school friend in particular his girlfriend INSISTS on coming along whenever we meet up so she can control what conversation her man can have with the free single bachelor who has spent the last 2 years tearing up Asia.

I also have other 'friends' who have settled and shacked themselves up with a B- chick but absolutely insist on giving me a lecture on my lifestyle. I'm not sure if any of you guys experience the same phenomenon? I mean, I look at them and think to myself 'Holy good fuck thank God I am not you buddy' but naturally just smile and try and act interested when talking about their job, mortgaged house, fat ass wife who has just quit work to look after their newborn etc. I may hint at the fun I've been having over the year with travelling and women, but I don't ram it down their throat.

But they just seem to take it upon themselves to try and lecture me on 'what I am doing with my life' like they are bursting to talk about it. "When are you going to settle down Irish?", "I don't mean to have a go at you but there's more to life than going around chasing women". They obviously caveat it with 'only having my best intentions at heart', but it's plain to see the jealousy raging in their eyes and they're needing to try and take you down a couple of pegs to make their ego feel slighly better. I've given up arguing back, I just agree with them and just try get off the subject so it doesn't end up stinking out one of the rare get togethers we get (cos his GF/wife only allows him out once in a blue moon).

One friend in particular who just cannot stop himself from circling back to the subject of 'fixing' my lifestyle and insisting I should settle down actually uses this phrase word for word when describing his girlfriend: "ok, she isn't the greatest. But..." Yeesh.

It also seems to be the more horrible the wife and the more slapped around the house the friend is, the more likely he is to get up in my face with the whole 'settling down' chat.

Dunno if anyone has noticed the same shit when returning home for the holidays and meeting up with old school and uni buddies...? (ie Some have a real hardon for wanting to discuss whats wrong with your lifestyle)

Irish

Messages In This Thread