rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which girl would your rather reproduce with?

Which girl would your rather reproduce with?

The problem with the high IQ woman on the right is she's older, and whatever supposed benefit of her academic achievements are, are offset by the higher risk of mental retardation from having stale eggs. Men should ignore IQ and only pay attention to age, in which case low IQ but less chance of retard wins.

If we're going to play "Hot or Not" on IQ alone, the experiment first needs to fix for the age variable.

IQ is notoriously fickle of a measurement, and tends to average out with age. When people say they were measured with a high IQ, they generally mean in 4th grade where developmental issues create more diversity in results. By age 30, the cluster returns back to the average of 100.

So IQ 90 is going to improve in measurement as she appoaches age 30, increasing to 100, while the supposedly higher IQ on the right is still riding on the coat tails of her 4th grade testing results and if retested now at her current age would find out she's just an average 100 for her age bracket now.

I do find it hard to believe the dystopian totalitarian government behind this actually gives me enough agency to have a last minute choice. People have kids for green cards and other bureaucracy all the time. So if they give me more soylent green rations, more soma, or whatever their dystopian reward system has to offer, I'm sure I can knock up either or both of them for the glory of Big Brother. At least high IQ's outfit is slightly more feminine than the usual state provided Chairman Mao outfits we all otherwise wear while working in the fungus mines.

And as to IQ 90 being a fast food worker while IQ 135 being an academic professor... if you looked at professorial salaries lately, you'd see both jobs earn the same pay. Which again questions how valuable a high IQ really is if it can't even provide more material resources.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread