rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Anyone got a belly that won't go away?

Quote: (12-17-2014 01:44 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2014 07:20 AM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2014 11:29 PM)sammybiker Wrote:  

Man, great work but holy shit...3hrs a day? I couldn't even imagine.

What about reducing workout to 60-90min and running a caloric deficiency? 1500cals/daily does wonders for most, especially when coupled with physical daily activity.

I've tried that before but I couldn't stand the horrendous hunger cravings between meals/snacks. I know there are work-arounds for that, but I find it less painful just to work it all off, plus the long cardio sessions give me better endurance.

I think there is a way to make the workouts less time consuming and that is to do more high-energy/intensity workouts like Tabatas, Insanity, burpees, super-setting, etc combined with regular weight lifting. If I wasn't doing triathlon training that's probably the way I would go. Doing it that way I think could burn the same number of calories in 2 hours vs the 3.

What also worked for me in the past was doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weightlifting at lunch, then doing an hour of sparring/rolling in karate (full-contact), Judo, and/or BJJ after work. However, I stopped with the martial arts awhile ago because I kept getting hurt.

I can understand the probable need for nearly daily exercise to train for an event or to build one's physical endurance for some reason, such as being able to carry groceries or to carry ones girlfriend or being able to feel comfortable in a bar fight; however, if the goal is to lose belly fat, then most likely the key is going to be diet and sleep and exercise need NOT be so central.

Exercising 3 times a week and 30-60 minutes per session should be sufficient for maintenance, for sustainability and regular guys.

Carlos100: Do you want to reduce your belly fat or your percentage of body fat, or are you content with your current status? What's your diet, generally? approximate macro ratios (proteins, fats and carbs)? and then within those specifically what kinds of examples of each are within your weekly eating routine?

I'm just trying to lose as much belly fat as possible before I end this exercise marathon next month. My weekday diet is: tuna fish sandwich for breakfast and lunch. Banana for between meal snack. 30 oz Vitamix vegetable puree for dinner. Some cheese if I get hungry again before bedtime. Weekends I try to stick to proteins (red meat, cheese, eggs) and more vegetable purees.

Like I said, in about 3 weeks I will probably go back to my 2-hour workouts with the goal of maintaining the fat loss I achieve during this two-month period of extended exercise. I think if I can keep the alcohol consumption low and continue to avoid sweets and junk food, that I can keep it off.

Messages In This Thread