rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Very weak lifts

Very weak lifts

Quote: (12-11-2014 12:12 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (12-11-2014 08:21 AM)Krusyos Wrote:  

So it sounds like I need to start hammering away those compounds. Per Victor Pride's advice, I'm trying to do squats 3 times a week.

I did military press last night, along with some incline. I ended up with the barbell on my chest after the last rep, so I know I must be lifting heavy enough. Today I'll do some Pendlay rows, squats, concentration curls, and decline situps. As usual, pushups right as I roll out of bed and before I go to bed. I also do 150 unweighted twists each day. That was a habit I picked up from that 12 Week Program I did.

I'll start replacing some of my carbs with beef jerky as well. Still maintain the caloric deficit since I'm cutting... but want to make sure I can get some kind of muscular development.

OHP is one of those exercises I see most guys doing wrong and wrecking their shoulders.

This and Mehdi's video on Over Head Press are important to watch. The rep starts at your collarbone. There's no leg drive (that's a push press as Matt states)

I searched quite a few youtube videos and its crazy how many of them are showing bad form...I would say your wrists should DEFINITELY be behind your elbows, as this will prevent shoulder injuries while doing the OHP. Don't do a seated press. Each rep starts at the collarbone and ends with the bar in a locked position behind your head with your arms locked. 99% of dudes you see in the gym are doing it wrong.

If you do it right, you should feel some strain on your abs and lower back as they work to stabilize your body. Be very aware of your center of gravity. Done correctly, the overhead press is fucking gold for your shoulders and traps, and will greatly improve your posture as well.

Thanks for this Veloce, My standing press is pretty shitty

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Messages In This Thread