rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fluency in a Tonal Language - Thai, Vietnamese, or Mandarin

Fluency in a Tonal Language - Thai, Vietnamese, or Mandarin

Quote: (12-12-2014 02:02 AM)Satoshi Wrote:  

I've learned some decent Thai during the last year, don't think it's that hard actually. Started with learning the pronunciation, tones and alphabet and then the vocabulary. The first six months I was pretty serious spending a few hours each week with the program. But now when I know the basics and a bit more I've kind of lost the motivation to study hard. I can get to know people and have conversations, that's enough for me, at least right now. I'm still learning when I'm having conversation, chatting or reading on facebook, but not in the same pace as before. Why do you want to be fluent? Take it easy and learn some basics first...

Regarding Thai I recommend to do 150-200 hrs with private teacher. Thats enough to get along in Thailand. You ll be able to read and answer messages and have normal conversations with girls. The extra effort to become fluent is actually not worth it. I tried but as Satoshi I lost motivation after a while. Especially writing requires constant practice.I left Thailand 2 years ago - right now my speaking and reading is still good, but writing would be quite a pain.

The table shows Thai and Russian on the same level. However the difference is that with 200 hrs Thai you ll speak really good, with the same effort in Russian you re still quite basic with many mistakes.

Also conversations with russian/ukrainian girls are on a higher level compared to thai girls.

Messages In This Thread