rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Very weak lifts

Very weak lifts

Quote: (12-10-2014 08:08 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2014 05:32 PM)Hades Wrote:  

You should improve quickly at the compound lifts if you haven't been doing them already.

Just make sure to deadlift at least once a week (and more than 5 reps, this is not Starting Strength) and bench twice a week, hitting different rep ranges.

This is key.

Whatever program you do Krusyos, just make it's based on compound lifts. I think you need to start over here. Pick a program that doesn't consist much more than:

Squat
Deadlift
Bench
Military Press
Pendlay Row

Start here. Get in the habit of progressive loading (meaning adding weight every week)

What you should find, is that you start having some extra fuel after your compound lifts, and also on your rest days. This is where you add in some high rep dumbell work. If you stick to the compounds, it's unlikely you're going to build your arms very much (rows alone will give you something to work with)

So for instance, on your chest day, start out on bench or incline bench and go heavy, as heavy as you can for 5x5. Move to another exercise, maybe overhead press. After that, hit your pecs hard again with flat dumbell press, 5 sets of 10. You're going to go lighter here for more reps. If you barbell bench 135 5x5, you might dumbell bench a pair of 50s 5x10. Your upper chest is going to be good and sore now, but go finish them off with some machine flies, like 3x8.

The next day, your chest is going to feel torn up. Eat protein, lots of it, and either rest that day (which means do some HIIT) or drag your ass back to the gym and work a different muscle group.

Only thing I'd add is a vertical pull (chin up variation) and you're set, you can actually make ridiculous gains sticking to those basics.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread