rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Roosh V PT/Physiotherapy Thread

The Roosh V PT/Physiotherapy Thread

Quote: (12-05-2014 02:56 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2014 08:24 PM)berserk Wrote:  

Hey mate, forgot this thread entirely, thanks for replying.

Answers below in bold.

Quote: (11-13-2014 05:18 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2014 07:02 AM)berserk Wrote:  

I've had pain in my left shoulder for a couple of months. It is at the top of the shoulder blade, rather far out. The pain can be provoked every time by raising my shoulder up and backwards or by tightening upper body muscles. Pain gets worse when I sleep on that side.

Is it rotator cuff?

Hey berserk,

Could be a few things.

Need a little bit more info to narrow things down.

Did any particular incident bring on this pain two months ago?

I don't recall, it is probably more than 4 months at this time and it's been getting steadily worse. I have now also begun to have some pins and needles/electric feeling in small, isolated areas in my hand sometimes. As said, don't remember a specific incident. I did and do frequent weight training including overhead press, but that doesn't hurt, where as I can't do a single pull up now because it hurts a lot.

What have you done differently over the last couple months to coincide with this pain? (e.g. sitting down more/lifting more overhead)

I really can't say I have changed anything major in behavior.

Is the pain over the traps or directly behind the shoulder joint (posterior deltoid)?

It's not in the back, it is in the middle and front.

Looking at this:

[Image: 200px-Deltoid_muscle_top8.png]

The pain is on top of the green, almost all the way out to the shoulder point, and also between the green and red on the front. Between the lateral and anterior deltoid, but mostly on top inside the lateral deltoid.

Do you have any neck pain or pain down the shoulder blade or arm?

Yes, often I get muscle pain in my tricep when I press it. Feels like when you have a mild sprain. If I move my arm above my head, I get that pins and needles feeling quickly in my hand. The pain also get way worse by lying on that side. No pain in neck on that side, though on the other side. Don't think they're related.

Does your shoulder joint feel unsteady at all?

No, I have been able to lift to full strength. Just hurts when I tighten the entire area or when I lift my shoulder up and particularly up and back. Pullups are by far the worst, can't do them now.

Hmm, still need to work out whether your symptoms are coming from the neck or shoulder (!or both) .

Click on this link (too large image for me to embed) - http://nursing411.org/Courses/MD0556_Bas...img_28.jpg - which one of these movements brings on the pain or tingling?

If you turn your neck all the way to the left and side bend the neck to the left, does it bring on any pain? (Or does it feel different compared to when you turn your neck to the right side)

Does this stretch here increase the pins and needles or pain?
http://ergomomma.files.wordpress.com/201...retch1.jpg

Let me know how you go!

Flexion hurts on the first (hyperextension), abduction does not, inwards rotation hurts slightly.

No pain with neck movement.

The last movement doesn't really cause much pins and needles maybe slightly.

Messages In This Thread