rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Selling Insurance

Selling Insurance

I graduate with a degree in Marketing from a state school this December. I was just offered a job with a fortune 500 company selling supplemental insurance. It's 100% commission and I have to get certified before training which will cost me around $200.

I've looked into it and know that it involves a ton of hard work. There is only one other agent for this company in my area and will help train me, so I don't have to worry about agent saturation or competition within the firm. I also have another meeting with the regional sales director to get more information.

They have a good bonus and incentive program, but the 100% commission is what worries me. I know I have the skills and work ethic to succeed, but would like some first hand knowledge from anyone who has experience in this line of work.

For the record, If I take this job I plan to grind it out for a few years and build up a nest egg to become fully self employed. If I don't take this job I will keep working my college job until I get another sales gig that will hopefully pay a base salary plus commission. I've sent my resume to multiple other jobs and have a few leads that could pan out.

Messages In This Thread