rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Coffee Thread

The Coffee Thread

In true South Indian style, I use a metallic press (similar to French but made of steel) but with a collection container below. I go to the coffee grinding store every week to grind fresh beans finely and add chicory along with it. Typical ratio is 70/30 or 80/20% depending on the strength you want. Chicory is expensive but adds a nice flavor to the blend and also helps to slowly drip the coffee mix as it passes onto the bottom container where it is collected. Sometimes I do add a pinch of cinnamon before I add to the press but the chicory is better.

The health benefits of chicory are that it cleanses the blood and improve the health of the liver. Also, when I was in the US, I did read a lot about New Orleans, which is noted for their chicory coffee. I believe chicory was used as a coffee extender when supplies of coffee were scarce.

Once the brew is done, then I add 2-3 tablespoons of goat milk for 1/3-1/4 cup of fresh brew and a pinch of sugar to lightly sweeten it. As goat milk is highly nutritious, we then have the coffee boiled and served piping hot in a metallic tumbler alongside some local Indian snacks.

Messages In This Thread