rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quit smoking tips.

Quit smoking tips.

I know some people who have successfully quit smoking using Chantix but if you suspect yourself of having any mental problems it would be best to stay far the fuck away from that kind of medication. Lots of almost-murder-suicides on that.

Quote: (11-23-2014 03:05 PM)Onto Wrote:  

Sartre was a smoker and one day had the insight his cigaratte symbolized all the recalcitrance of the world. His smoking was the taking in of it all and then making it just disappear easily with an exhale, and the cigarette itself would magically lessen and lessen until it was all gone, except for the butt which could be simply flicked away. It was a very freeing feeling for him.

I imagine it's not much different for others.

One strategy for stopping would be to take away the "freedom" quality of it. Hold the cigarette in an awkward manner and keep the butt (the negative) and carry it around with you. I suspect many smokers would lose interest if they had to do those two things.

That's probably the most interesting thing I've ever read about quitting smoking.

Quote: (11-23-2014 05:58 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Four months ago I walked into a clinic, paid $300 and has lasers shot into my head and other parts of my body, I haven't had a smoke since and I smoked for twenty years. I also found Allen Carr's Quit smoking book to be good.
What sort of procedure is that? If it works I'd pony up 300 bucks.
I'm guessing you have cheap Canadian health care though. The same thing would probably be eight grand in the US.

Messages In This Thread