rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

America is a lost cause my brothers!

America is a lost cause my brothers!

Quote: (11-21-2014 03:00 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

It always makes me laugh when people try and defend the US by pointing out its not a 3rd world shit hole. Is that your argument? Comparing the most influential and wealthy nation of the last century to Brazil or China? Why not compare the US to Nigeria or Pakistan to really make your point?

A much fairer comparison to the US based on wealth, influence and democratic principles would be large European nations. When you stack the US against them its obvious the US can do a lot better. Lets drop the point of view that its either 'murica or Zaire.

The thread title is America is a lost cause, not America isn't perfect. America isn't even hyperbolically a lost cause. As such the comparison is apt. If the thread title had been, America is slipping, or America is not the preeminent nation, then yes comparing US to Zaire is stupid and comparisons should be made to England, Germany, China etc., but the complaint is "lost cause" so the comparison to Zaire is apropos. In all the nations throughout all time to present, living in present day America is significantly better than the vast majority of other options. Yes, America isn't perfect and there are many ways it could be better, but let us not forget the many blessings we have.

Messages In This Thread