rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Charlie Manson gets a marriage license with a 26-yo

Charlie Manson gets a marriage license with a 26-yo

Quote: (11-18-2014 01:43 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2014 01:37 AM)Badamson Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2014 01:23 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Manson:

He was even a talented songwriter. He placed a song on a Beach Boys album and penned this, which was later covered by Guns N' Roses:

Yes, I agree. In the Geraldo interview with him in the 80's, Manson claimed to have written the Beach Boys song "In My Room." Whether he was full of shit or not, when I hear that song now the lyrics do sound very Manson-like. I've never been able to listen to it the same way again.

Are you sure he claimed "In My Room" as his? You might have misheard. Or he was kidding. That song was written by Brian Wilson and Gary Usher around 1962, six years before Manson and the Beach Boys' paths collided.

He did claim it. Though his language in the Geraldo interview is very vague about it. He makes it very clear in the Rolling Stone interview though. He says the song was originally called "In My Cell," and that Brian Wilson changed the name. I don't really take a lot of stock in his claim given that he's probably a pathological liar, but I'm not 100% convinced(only 99%)

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news...121?page=4

Messages In This Thread