rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting a free Master's in Brazil

Getting a free Master's in Brazil

Quote: (11-07-2014 05:51 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

You need to keep these things in mind if wanting to enroll in a university abroad:
1) Need International Health Insurance ($30.00 + a month) before getting a student visa.
2) If American, would one still be required to be paying 120$+ a month in Obamacare if showing proof of international health insurance, enrollment in a university, and stay in a foreign country?
3) At least for Brazil, you need to prove to the Brazilian consulate that you can have sufficient funds via bank statements to study abroad. If you don't have help from parents, they need individual proof of being able to spend $2000.00 Reais montly (Roughly $800.00 USD now as of Early November 2014)
4) Figures in #3 pertains to Brazil. I imagine that proof of monthly financial capability would be higher for Germany, Finland, France, and Norway...maybe Slovenia is different.
5) You need to spend likely $250.00 on an international student visa/fees if not more.
6) You need to get an FBI Background check from West Virginia (go through an agency for faster results), which would be $50.00. Local/State criminal record checks do not count. PM me if needing a good agency.
7) Excluding Campinas or cities in Slovenia, those other countries can be expensive in general so be prepared to have sufficient savings to travel and be able to spend enough for a comfy life!

1) Yup.
2) Not certain of that, but none of the 'Merican students at our universtity ever mentioned this.
3) It's around €650/month as far as I can remember here.
4) See above
5) For our uni, it's á €130/academic year. Not sure about Visa fees or similar.
6) Really? What's the reason for that?
7) True. Finland is quite expensive, and finding reasonable part-time work or work in general can be hard if your degree is shit or you can't speak Finnish. Some of the Americans I know have found good, business-related employment in larger multinationals during their studies. The rest have not.

Messages In This Thread