rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Playing sports vs. Lifting

Playing sports vs. Lifting

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:31 AM)davyjose Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2014 12:53 AM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

I had IT Band syndrome in my knee area the last few months, which through a lot of rehab, I was able to recover, but that took me out the leg press/squat/deadlift game for a long time.

Hey Donovan,

I've the same problem my IT band. What did you do to fix it? I'm trying to rehab with glutes/hip strengthening exercises but getting nowhere. Tried foam rolling,ice but nothing's seemed to work.

Hey man that is a terrible injury and after several months its finally going away for me now. I used a solid PT program of:

1) Pelvic curls
2) Straight leg raises (lie on your back, with one leg bent, then raise the other leg straight up to the same height as your knee on the bent leg)
3) Clams
4) Table tops

I would do these four exercises that mostly focus on building greater hip strength, probably one set each for about 10 reps. As you get stronger, you can try 2 sets. I did this 2-3 times a week. Its quick enough to do as a warm up on perhaps your bench press days instead of walking/jogging etc.

I would follow it up then with some hip stretches and foam rolling.

Slowly and surely it worked.

Messages In This Thread