rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ruble falls to 5 year low against USD today

Ruble falls to 5 year low against USD today

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:34 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:04 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

I think claims that Moscow is crazy expensive are grossly overstated. While it depends on what you're buying, look at the Big Mac index as one example (http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index). A Big Mac in the U.S. ranges from about $3.99-$5.23. In central Moscow it costs $1.92 at today's rate and was still much cheaper at normal rates. Rarely ever a cover charge, cheap taxis, mostly acceptable drink prices, and decent to nice apartments that can be had for $1,000-$1,500. Dare to compare that rent to even NYC's boroughs. The problem is these mid-level cafes where a meal for two can be $100 with a drink or two each. That's what killed Roosh when he was here, I believe.

Just don't get yourself in my situation...income in rubles, rent in euros. Shit is getting painful.

Roosh was getting killed on his short-term apartment rental and eating out. Obviously, if he had stayed longer, he could have negotiated a better rate or looked around for better deals.

The point is that Moscow is crazy expensive for Eastern Europe.

Rent is high if you want to live near the city center. Obviously, the farther out you want to live, the lower the rent (but you sacrifice convenience for cost). Food prices are going up because of the EU food embargo. Nice clubs & cafes are expensive.

Also, the city is the financial heart of Russia, so there is plenty of flash and bling all over the place, so girls are not impressed if you are a foreigner.

Agreed. But as an international megalopolis, not really.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Messages In This Thread