rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are some of the lame excuses chicks used to flake on you

What are some of the lame excuses chicks used to flake on you

Quote: (08-30-2011 12:39 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (08-30-2011 12:09 AM)CupCake Wrote:  

My tolerance to flakiness is at all all-time low. I think I'll be writing about it soon.

Please do.

Back in April / May I was going through this down period where I just hooked up with crazy psycho bitches, one after the other. The flaking was unberable, but I still kept at it... because they were hot.

It is awful, awful, awful the power a hot girl can have on you.

It was traumatizing that I blocked out from my memory most of the bad experience I got with those girls. But I remember one of the first flakes one of them gave me.

We were to go out a Wed night, we had agreed on this almost a week prior. Two hours before we were to meet, I decided, just for safety, to text her to see if it was still on. She answers saying that she "had to take her mother to the hospital". Later I learned that she knew of that appointment to the hospital even prior to setting the date with me... and she just let me know 'by accident' hours before the actual date.

...But she was so cute that I kept pushing for it... and I dragged that shit for months... with more than one girl...

arrgghhh flaking. It makes me want to go homicidal

I love you all guys. This thread is awesome. Solidarity to all of you. The amount of shit I'm reading is disgusting and hilarious at the same time.

Amour Fou if a flake SERIOUSLY fucked you up for MONTHS and you were under her spell, I believe she is entitled to taste her own medicine. I have done this only once, with a girl I couldnt stand anymore for the power she had on me on my nice-guy-days.

The pattern was basic: she kept flaking on me, and I got mad every time. Still after a few weeks when she would pop up again I would always give her a 2nd, 3rd chance to get back in my life. Over and over. GAMMA behavior on my behalf. Frankly it was my fault for being such a pushover. Anyhow, I was deep down in the trenches fighting a lost cause.

I reached a point where I knew I needed a DRAMATIC CLASH - something drastic to make sure she wouldnt dare to get in touch with me ever again. Call it DETOX. I also wanted to leave feeling I regained CONTROL, for my own self esteem, rather than just walk away with my shattered pride. Trust me, it wasnt a healthy state of mind - and I wouldnt recommend it as a frequent solution, as it isnt - but what I did was:
- Called the girl over and over for a few days trying to get her to agree to a date.
- It took me a monumental effort and plenty of calls and texts but I finally did manage to talk to her.
- I set the uber beta "dinner at a fancy restaurant before I fly back to Europe for the Xmas Holidays. I would really like to see you!!!!!".
- She went to the fancy restaurant.
- Oblivion went to play tennis and turned off the phone.
- When Oblivion turned it back on he found two voicemail messages and three texts.
- Sweet stuff.
- Ah, so sweet.
- She never contacted me again.
- Hasta la vista chica.
- Game, set and match Oblivion.
- I could say that I felt bad about it but I would be lying. It felt great. It was better than fucking another girl [Image: cheerleader.gif]

That aside, what I've learned since then is that the key element of having game is to prevent situations like this from happening. Use your judgment and set of skills. If u know what you are doing you dont end up emotionally involved as I was that time. I did what I did because unbalanced as I was I didnt want to internalize the negative feelings anymore. I wanted to send them back to her. I wanted to feel clean. Today I dont go down that road clueless as before. Heck no. I recognize bad behavior and abandon the ship way earlier, unfazed by what is just another flake. As in the end, no matter how hot, it is never worth it. Still that clusterfuck of a situation was very useful, it was an amazing learning experience. As you cant learn to be cool and aloof just because someone tells you that is the best way to handle a flake. I got burned and learned my lesson and now I understand why cool, detached and aloof is the best state of mind.

Anyway, here is my contribution to this thread that I highjacked. My worst/most creative date cancellation excuse came 40 min before the date when I was already en route to the date, confirmed just 2 hours before "I'm so sorry Oblivion, I am still at the penitentiary where I drove the mum of a friend that has been arrested days ago. I would have to drive her back home on the other side of town once we are done here".

Add that a riot took place at the prison and Oblivion had to go in to save his date and le voila', you have a quality idea to copyright for a great Hollywood screenplay!

Messages In This Thread