rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fret Learns Russian

Fret Learns Russian

Quote: (10-19-2014 09:57 AM)rover Wrote:  

Quote: (10-18-2014 03:17 AM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Listen to when he says something like кажда сейчас around the 1:25 minute mark.

I had learned before that каждый means "each", as in каждый день (each day).

So why does the ending for the word each change? Is this some kind of case in action here?

All I know is that день is masculine, what about сейчас? I know what сейчас means, but what I don't know is how it makes the previous word change.

He says "... в каждом now, в каждом сейчас...". He uses the adverb "сейчас" (now) as a noun of neutral gender, and "каждый" is an adjective with a hard stem. The case is prepositional and therefore the ending of "каждый" is "-ом": "каждом": http://www.russianforeveryone.com/Rufe/L...nit7_1.htm.

Thanks for this explanation, and thank you for the link!

Quote: (10-19-2014 05:27 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Fret seeing how much you've learned in a month is impressive! I`ve just started taking up Russian today thanks to this thread.

Cryllic alphabet here I come.

Thank you, I hope this thread serves as inspiration to many others as well. You guys just wait and a few months from now things will start to get interesting [Image: smile.gif]

давай!

Quote: (10-19-2014 08:48 PM)CaptainCrazy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2014 09:57 AM)rover Wrote:  

He says "... в каждом now, в каждом сейчас...". He uses the adverb "сейчас" (now) as a noun of neutral gender, and "каждый" is an adjective with a hard stem. The case is prepositional and therefore the ending of "каждый" is "-ом": "каждом": http://www.russianforeveryone.com/Rufe/L...nit7_1.htm.

Yep, he mixed the English "now" into the sentence (to create more confusion for FretDancer, lol).

Yes I noticed he used the English word "now" before. And that he was using сейчас as a noun. However the part that interested me most was in the word каждый.

Messages In This Thread