rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Barbara, CA Data Sheet 2014

Santa Barbara, CA Data Sheet 2014

Quote: (10-17-2014 11:17 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

This may be a prediction that is too soon, but I see UCSB quality of chicks going down slowly but surely over the next few years ...

Your post made me laugh because I remember saying the same thing when I graduated from there 10 years ago, and for much the same reasons. Around that time there were the David Attias murders, the IVFP got way more aggressive in shutting down house parties (floatoapia didn't exist, actually I'm pretty sure me and my friends inadvertently started it but that's another story), there was also back then a significant increase in entrance GPA/SAT averages (GPA avg was 3.8-3.9), and the 4 years I was there 4 (!!!) different professors won Nobel Prizes. Also there were these large dorm buildings which had been privately owned and housed both UCSB and SBCC students; when UCSB bought it up a lot of the SBCC kids didn't have as much of an "in" to the IV social scene, and of course they tended to party the hardest.

I have to say though that over the years I've stopped by occasionally in SB/IV and things look the same to me. Still lots of hot blonde airheads getting trashed. There's probably a few reasons why. I think you're right that the isolation of IV keeps it from changing, it's also the density and compactness of it that make the party scene so strong (if you're a student everyone you know and every house party is at most a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drunken bike ride away). Although UCSB has strong engineering/science departments they aren't nearly as dominant as at UCSD. Also I think the HS GPA numbers are misleading, school standards get lower every year and if you're not retarded and try just a little you can get a high GPA. The cream of the crop nerdy kids will always choose the prestige of Cal/UCLA/UCSD.

So overall I'd say you (hopefully) just experienced a random bad night, and although it might change more eventually, I think it will take a long time for the "party school on the beach" vibe, and everything that it attracts, to disappear.

Messages In This Thread