rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys at gym slamming weights near you

Guys at gym slamming weights near you

Quote: (10-10-2014 10:32 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Saw a guy pulling weight off the bar on the squat rack. I think he had 3 plates on each side. He took off all 3 on one side and the bar flipped over and almost tagged a guy. Would have been serious injury or death possibly.

A 20 yr old kid at my gym came in regularly and put anywhere between 405-495 on the bar in the squat rack and did little quarter rep squats really shallow, just enough to activate quads and back up. I always thought it was silly but im sure he probably read online it was a way to increase his full range squat or something.

One day he put on 455 lbs. took 3 steps back, paused for a sec, and the entire bar fell off his shoulders and he tried holding on so it pulled him back quickly with it. He had no end clips on, all weight went rolling and flopping all over, the bar catapulted into the air and hit a ceiling tile, It was a huge calamity.

This jackass almost killed 2 people near him and himself, and gets mad at himself, so what's he do? Rebuilds the bar with the same weight, does 2 reps and leaves the gym. He was all of 5'7" 145 lbs. Real badass let me tell ya.

Messages In This Thread