rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is VK going soft?

Is VK going soft?

I also agree with his main point, but we need to take it in contest. He says:

"The relationship between couples has not changes by much since the dawn of time. Men have cheated, women have cheated, and couples have argued and fought and wanted to kill each other."

While he's right that men and women have not changed, what has changed are:

1). The laws governing men and women -- which are now heavily female-biased, esp. when it comes to family court.

2). The larger sociological context in which men and women operate. Once upon a time, social pressure would have kept women from "frivorcing" a guy and making off with half his assets. Now, it's accepted and encouraged. There was no "Real Housewives" franchise years ago, to cite one example.

Hence, the bad feelings about marriage and co-habitation. The negativity and "reverse social justice warrior" mentality of this board and Return of Kings (and Tom Leykis, etc.) didn't come out of nowhere. They evolved in response the laws and culture that disenfranchised men and made marriage and kids a less-than-ideal choice.

He also says:

"If you’ve been living with her and could see being with her for the rest of your life and her having your kids then fucking marry her (or have kids)! You will come to this point when you know deep down that another notch won’t make your life better."

I was married and would agree with that. He's right relationships can beat endless dates and/or notches. But I'll also say that if you go that route, you'd better be prepared for how men fare after divorce and not think "It won't happen to me."

To conclude: I'm pretty sure that if someone waved a magic wand and we were beamed back into 1965 (or even 1975), we'd all feel differently. But these are not those times. Metaphorically speaking, we've gone from "Help Me Rhonda" (#1 in 1965) to "Anaconda" (a major hit this year). A lot of what goes on here isn't negativity for it's own sake, it's men learning how to respond to that.

Messages In This Thread