rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do It Yourself:Car and Motorcyle Repair Thread

Do It Yourself:Car and Motorcyle Repair Thread

Haynes manuals are the best way to learn how to do your own repairs. They basically cover everything (I have an older one that even explains how to do body and paint work, dont know if newer ones have that). Then its only a matter of what equpment you have or how willing are you to risk botching up a repair. Worst case, you end up hauling all the pieces to a mechanic.

At the very least, learn how to do the oil changes yourself. Ive never paid for an oil change since I discovered just how easy they are to do. Just loosen a bolt, wait until the drip stops, tighten the bolt again but not too much, and fill her up with clean oil. The hardest part is getting rid of the used oil, but since my car is a VW bug and usually uses 2-3 liters of oil per change, Im just keeping it in a 5 gallon jerry can until I find something to do with it.

Messages In This Thread