rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

Quote: (10-09-2014 12:05 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Balls, any thoughts on the KM-M thing that Cid pointed out. 1.8 Km per mile, which makes 1.5 actually a bad transfer rate, but of course that depends on the chart. Since there are no YQ (fuel surcharges), maybe that comes close to leveling the playing field.

1 mile is 1.6km. So it's pretty close.

LAN is peculiar. They have no online booking and you have to use another alliance airline to do your searches (I use AA).

Their phone agents speak little English. Aside from that they're flat morons. If you call five times, for any given segment, you will get five different tax calculations.

This can be good or bad. Bad in that it's a pain in the ass. Good in that if you have a bit of time and patience, you can get out of a lot of taxes. I had a Heathrow/Stockholm flight and got out of the dreaded Heathrow tax. I used matrix.ita.software.com to find the flight, and it breaks down the taxes line by line. When the lady said taxes were $280, I said "You are wrong, please check again, the XX tax of $220 is part of the fuel surcharge and is covered by LAN according to the guidelines on your website." She put me on hold for 5 minutes and removed that tax. Who knows if she even talked to a supervisor or just removed it herself, but it saved me money.

Messages In This Thread