rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Middle Age weight gain

Middle Age weight gain

So we all know that long slow distance running sucks, unless you are a marathon(er) - e.g. running multiple marathons in a year. Running related injuries have created a booming orthopedic industry. The longer you run = the easier you hurt.

I workout with several dudes in their 50's, 60's and 70's who are buff as hell with low body fat.

This guy is a bad ass and over 70
[Image: T78Is4x.jpg]
[Image: xIDO1cSl.jpg]

Here is what I am following on the edge of 40:

- Pick one diet and stick with it - For me its Slow Carb

- Little if no drinking - For me 2-3x per week, and thats too much

- SLEEP - Figure it out, track it, tweek it, go to your Dr., do whatever it takes to sleep

- Build Muscle with an Easy Workout Plan - you dont need to be a bodybuilder, just a simple plan that allows you to be CONSISTENT. Try the 40 Day Workout, or 5-3-1, or CrossFit. Just something that builds muscle, power, cardio and everything in one routine. For fat loss I love jump roping, which also makes your feet extremely strong and builds your lower legs for when you feel like that randon 10 mile hike. I love kettlebells too because they torch fat, build flexibility and cardio.

- Dump That Bitch - Don't be with a women that brings you down. One that doesn't value health and fitness, or prevents you from achieving your goals. One that mocks your goals for health and fitness, and does her best to ruin them. In my opinion this is usually the cause for accelerated middle aging.

- Testosterone - Get tested regularly and figure out a protocol to raise it naturally, prior to supplementation.

- EDIT - per Gio's recommendation - this is my favorite food tracking app, I pay for the subscription - tracker.dailyburn.com

Messages In This Thread