rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who (if anyone) do high-powered/career women end up dating/marrying?

Who (if anyone) do high-powered/career women end up dating/marrying?

Good question. My experience having worked in finance for so many years and encountering a variety of these types:

Doctor women I know marry other doctors, usually in a higher specialty.

I know a few pretty attorneys who have done a reasonable job of surviving the wall in their mid-late 30s. One is in a relationship with a good guy (not sure what he does), one got married a few years ago and has a kid (husband is very wealthy, not a bad guy either). I know one attractive businesswoman who looks great for her age, 44ish, but never settled down. She's actually nice too.

Then there are a few who married the submissive mid-career beta types. The type of guy who does fairly well, but basically has no problem being bossed around. These are the ultimate keeping-up-with-the-joneses types. You know, wanna be yuppie douches. One guy I work with is like this, lives way over his means due to his demanding wife (she works in a similar capacity to what we do), who is one of those antagonistic not-ugly-but-not-attractive thin women who just sucks to be around. I can't think of another way to describe her, but I think we all know the type.

There are definitely a plethora of career women who are eternally single, unattractive/fat and thus have one choice, which is to marry a much less financially successful, not too attractive guy. I actually have worked with a few of these, and they actually all seemed happily married.

The ones who fair the most poorly are unsurprisingly those that think the party never ends. These are the lawyer/finance types who party too much for too long with the guys, and while men can easily settle down with a younger woman, they of course don't realize that their looks have faded and no man of equal or greater status will even consider them for marriage. Once they hit 30ish, guys stop even looking at them. Also not surprisingly, these are the worst to deal with on a professional level as well. They are on an equal level with the unmarried, bitter mid-career fattie. One used to have it, no longer does and knows it's downhill from here and is pissed about it. The other is pissed about never having it. Both are pissed that men don't give a shit about a woman's career like women do for men. Feminist indoctrination is to blame for that.

Anyway, like anything a lot has to do with the woman's looks and attitude. A female lawyer who is hot is still a hot girl before she's a lawyer. So long as she's not a cunt, desirable guys will still go after her. What happens is a lot of these women in their mid-30s is they have kids and switch to part time work.

Messages In This Thread