rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Workouts for Whipping a Woman Into Shape?

Workouts for Whipping a Woman Into Shape?

Beyond Boarders
I think It is important to cover the main muscles of the body in a manner that is progressive, and varied. A bodypart split is liable to leave a girl really bored. Many guys that have put years in the gym can see the benefit of doing a chest/back/shoulder/arm/leg workout, but for a girl who wants to feel like she worked out its super boring. The number one complaint I get from female trainees is that they do not feel like they worked out. This is usually because they are not used to doing strength work, and dont really know how to push themselves in the lower reps <10. If you thin about it this is pretty similar to men. Most guys wouldnt be able to push themselves on lower rep strength work, or 1 body part a day if they were relatively new to the gym.
You can combat the inexperience by using full body workouts and a little bit of conditioning so the girl feels like she got a workout. I would recommend doing a full body routine each time she decides to go in the gym. That way she can make a little progress, and if she makes a commitment past a few weeks or a couple months she can easily switch to something else if she gets bored. The routine I printed below is one I use with many female clients. You can do it 2-3 times a week. If a girl wants more we usually do some cardio on an off day or after one of the workouts. For Cardio I like to do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) where the girl goes hard for a period, then rests for a period. Usually I will do a warm up, 10-15 minutes of HIIT, then a cool down with work / rest periods of 30:60, 60:60, 30:90. Workout Below

1) Squat 5x5 1:00-2:00 rest
Overhead press standing 5X5 1:00-2:00 rest
pull ups 5x5 or pull down 1:00-2:00 rest
Tricep Extension 3X8 :45-:90 seconds rest
Reverse Laterals 3X8 :45-:90 rest
Decline sit ups weighted 12-20 :45-:90 rest

2) Deadlift 5X5 1:00-2:00 rest
Bench Press 5X5 1:00-2:00
Barbell Row 5X5 1:00-2:00
Curls 3X8-12 :45-:90 Seconds Rest
Lateral Raise 3X8-12 :45-:90 seconds rest
Hanging leg raise 8-12 :45-:90 seconds rest

You will notice that the rest times are flexible. This is because this workout is designed for someone who is a beginner to intermediate lifter, or someone getting back into lifting. With small changes you can use this workout for lifters of every level. I have used it myself as well as on some female clients and really enjoy it. Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread