rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Visas--the monkey wrench

Visas--the monkey wrench

I'm based in the US and considering moving to a lower cost-of-living country to hang out, bang, and study (but on my own, not at a recognized educational institution). When I started researching cities around the world it didn't occur to me that visa rules may make it difficult to pull off actually *living* in a place for a couple of years, as opposed to just visiting for a few weeks or months and then leaving. What I want is the ability to stay in a country for a couple of years, coming and going as I please without any doubt that I'll be able to get back in (I'll probably want to leave the country 3-4 times a year) but I've seen nothing like that in any of the visa types avialable in say, Thailand. So far I've only checked out the visa rules for a few countries but they've all been similar--I guess they figure that letting in people for no verifiable reason invties troublemakers. Does anyone know of a lower cost-of-living country that makes it easy to really live there without being verifiably employment or enrolled at a school?

Tim

Messages In This Thread