rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Quote: (09-04-2014 05:04 PM)rangman2000 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-04-2014 01:25 PM)bojangles Wrote:  

They can't have the £, because then they would not be economically independent as the Bank Of England dictate the £.

Given that Scotland currently makes up a small fraction of the total UK population, do you really think the Bank of England currently sets policy with Scotland in mind?
A post independence use of the pound would leave us in the same situation we are currently in.

Scotland may contribute 9.1% of our tax revenue but England has bailed them out time and time again, notably when it's 2 biggest retail banks went bust - RBS and HBOS.

For what it's worth, about 4/5th of the losses stemmed from the City of London based operations.
I don't think so you need to read up on what the Bank of England actually does. If you have money flow issues within an independent Scotland, the Bank of England is not going to help you with easing.

And yes the losses stemmed from the City of London based operations, however all the rules of their work were dictated from Edinburgh.

Quote: (09-04-2014 04:54 PM)rangman2000 Wrote:  

Of course the Scottish are only in union with the English because of Darien. (to cut a long story short, England bailed out Scotland)

Scotland was in financial trouble after Darien. But the real "to cut a long story short" version is that England bribed the Estates of Scotland to vote in favour of union (against the will of the Scottish people) to secure their northern border.
Because you were broke, i.e bailed you out. You call it a bribe, I call it saving your ancestors from bankruptcy, ruin and hunger. Unfortunately you guys have never been adept at colonialism nor money management.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Messages In This Thread