rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

what makes gold so valuable?

what makes gold so valuable?

Quote: (08-29-2014 04:42 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

The short answer is that gold has been treated as money for millennia by nearly every culture than came in contact with it.

This to me is the most amazing aspect of Gold. The fact that remote civilizations who had not been in contact with each came to the conclusion that Gold is valuable.
I understand Europe/Asia and even sub Saharan Africa value of gold Ideas were able to spread over land and time.
What I dont understand is the Indigenous Australians and Americans Value of gold well before Europeans/Asian reached there. The fact that Taino Indians in the Caribbean had a gold culture Pre Columbus is simple amazing to me.

I find it nuts just to chalk this up to multiple discovery theory like agriculture that I can some how understand but Gold getting value in all these civilizations with out them coming in contact with each other.

am i missing something, anyone have any ideas or any recommend readings/ links ?

Messages In This Thread